The recipes you are about to see are from my signature 30 Day Body Reboot program which is on special for the entire month of February for only $30! Keeping with this months theme of autoimmune conditions I picked 3 recipes that are also autoimmune friendly. Hope you enjoy!
GREEN SMOOTHIE BREAKFAST BOWL
I got this recipe when I was down in Sayulita, Mexico for my wedding. They served it in this little juice bar off the side of the road and it was so delicious I had to steal the recipe!
Smoothie Bowl (1 large serving or 2 small)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk or coconut milk
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ avocado (you can now buy frozen avocado chunks which would work best for this)
- 1 ½ cups frozen mixed berries
- 1 tablespoon almond butter (omit if you can’t tolerate nuts)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina (optional)
Blend and pour into bowl, sprinkle with your choice of toppings ex. Unsweetened shredded coconut, acai berries, homemade granola, bee pollen, chia, flax!
PLANTAIN FLAT BREAD
This is surprisingly super tasty! You can alter the recipe by switching out spices. This one in particular goes really well with soup below it.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 green plantain
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
Preheat oven to 375
1.Grease 9 inch skillet with the coconut oil
2.When the oven is preheated, place the skillet in the oven to heat up
3.Place the plantain slices and water in a blender
4.Blend until smooth
5.Add the rosemary, onion, garlic powder and salt.
6.Blend to incorporate
7.Pour the batter into the hot skillet.
8.Return to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes until cooked
9.Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing
BUTTERNUT SAGE SOUP
Perfect lunch for a cold winter day.
- 1 butternut squash
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 whole garlic cloves
- Pinch of dried sage and thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 16 ounces organic or homemade chicken bone broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons water (more or less if needed)
- 8-12 fresh sage leaves
Preheat oven to 400 F
- Peel and chop squash. Toss the squash into 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a roasting dish and bake for about 45 minutes or until tender
- While squash roasts, use large pot to sauté the onions in the rest of the coconut oil until onions begin to brown.
- Add the garlic, dried sage and salt and pepper cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add broth, coconut milk, water and squash and stir together.
- Add orange juice just before turning off the heat.
- After the soup has cooled a bit, pour into a blender, and blend till smooth. Be careful not to fill the blender to the top because the steam will expand the liquid
- Once the soup is in bowls, use a small frying pan or cast iron skillet to fry sage in 1-2 tablespoons of butter until it looks bubbly and is crispy to the touch. Garnish each bowl with a coupe leaves.
COCONUT CURRIED PRAWNS
This dish is one of my clients favorites. Serve over cauliflower rice and make extra for left overs!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1½ teaspoon curry powder
- 1 inch of fresh ginger, grated
- ½-1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (1 tsp is runny nose hot)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled, cut in half and sliced thinly
- 1½ cups broccoli florets
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped (omit if you are autoimmune)
- 1 cup brown mushrooms
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled, de-veined with tails removed
- 3 large handfuls of baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
1.Mix the coconut milk, curry powder, grated ginger and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2.In a large skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium high to high heat.
3.Add the garlic and cook until just brown.
4.Add onions and cook until they begin to soften.
5.Add broccoli and celery. Cook until broccoli starts to turn bright green.
6.Add mushrooms and shrimp. Cook until shrimp start to turn pink (but are not done).
7.Add sauce and stir. Bring mixture to a bubble. Add baby spinach.
8.Stir to incorporate spinach.
9.Add lime juice and cook until spinach wilts.
10.Add salt and pepper to taste.
Like what you see and want more fabulous recipes?
Take advantage of my 30 Day Body Reboot for only $30!
Join hundreds of women who finally have found dieting freedom! Give me 30 days to transform your entire outlook on food while transforming and rebooting your body! If you’re looking for a program to jump start your weight loss, reboot digestion and increase your energy in the next 30 days, this is the solution for you!
– Lose up to 15 pounds of weight in 30 days with delicious, easy to prepare meals that are all family friendly!
– Spend only 30 minutes three days a week in a gym, at home, and the rest of your workouts outside with a program that gives you optimal fat burning
– Begin healing your digestion and rid yourself of that bloated stomach once and for all
– Lower your inflammation and increase your energy
– Stabilize your blood sugar
– Learn how you can become your own weight loss detective!
This program consists of no calorie counting, no deprivation, no excessive exercise, all backed by the latest science.
“I’m celebrating today!!! I finished the 30 day reboot, and I feel amazing! Not only do I have more energy, less joint pain, and almost zero cravings, I’ve lost 18 lbs and I’ve been off of my meds for 3 weeks!!! I will definitely be sticking with this and trying to introduce a few things back, but it’s really working for me.” Lexy Bartley
Use coupon code “February” at checkout to receive discount! Download it directly to your inbox here!