Paleo friendly muffins packed full of anti inflammatory ingredients!
- 1 small organic sweet potato (about 1 cup packed).
- 3 eggs (or three gelatine eggs, or flax eggs)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg (omit for AIP)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel and cube your potato. Boil it until very soft. Drain and mash it till there are no chunks.
- Add it to a medium bowl with your coconut milk, melted oil, maple syrup. Mix well and then stir in the eggs until combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients until combined.
- Pour dry ingredients into the wet and stir till combined. Let sit for 5 min so flours can absorb.
- Put parchment cups into a muffin tin or grease tin. Use a muffin scoop to fill the cups evenly.
- Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 min or just until centre bounces back or toothpick comes out clean.