Apple Cinnamon Tapioca
Autoimmune and Paleo friendly pudding!
- 1/4 cup Tapioca Pearls
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla or 1 Vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large Apple (equal to 1 cup)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tsp Maple syrup or honey
- In a medium sauce pan, add tapioca pearls and 3/4 cup of water. Let sit for at least one hour or until water is absorbed.
- When tapioca is ready, add coconut milk, vanilla, 1 tbsp maple syrup and a good pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmering on low until thickened.
- Peel apples and dice while tapioca is simmering. Throw them in a heated skillet with the coconut oil and sprinkle with cinnamon. Saute until slightly soft.
- In a small bowl, add the 1/4 cup water and arrowroot powder and whisk till combined. Add to the apples with the last tsp of maple syrup. Stir until sauce has thickened and then remove from heat.
- Divide tapioca into 4 servings and top with the apples.
Note: If you want to make the pudding slightly more loose (especially if you wait till its cold), add a bit more water to the pearls when they are soaking. Also, you can use the tapioca as a base and do whatever fruit or berries you like over top.