Ask me Anything Q&A
On this week’s Q&A listeners sent in there questions;
- Can low Iron cause secondary thyroid issues?
- If you do resistance training 2 weeks of the month and something lighter the other 2, will you loose the gains every 2 weeks?
- Hi I recently found your website via your interview with Dr Paul Saladino and I am fascinated with your approach to balancing hormones. Every month, my 21 year old daughter, on her first day of her period is violently ill with vomiting and/or diarrhea, for about 5-6 hours and then she recovers and everything is back to normal. This has been occurring for about the last two year. She is normal weight, and active. She follows a loose keto diet – whole foods, with limited processed foods and sugar. Her GP simply prescribed anti nausea tablets, which don’t help. Do you have any ideas or directions we can take?
- I have non-Hashimoto hypothyroidism. I’m on NDT. I’ve also had adrenal issues in the past but haven’t tested recently. I started a carnivore diet 2 months ago. I’ve been horribly weak, light-headed, shaky and even labored breathing at times. I’m 5’3″ and ~98-100 lbs. Dr. Saladino recommended I add more carbs immediately so I added olives, avocado, honey the past couple days but still feel very weak and shaky. Currently: I’m eating 1-1.5 lbs of meat, suet, bone broth, 3 egg yolks and a large romaine salad with cucumbers, olives, avocado, EVOO & lemon juice per day. Prior to carnivore I was veggie heavy Paleo with low amount of animal protein. I was weak and light headed then hence the carnivore diet. I started out feeling better the first try but horrible this time though I see improvements to hair growth and less loss (though dry) and other positive changes. Sometimes feels like adrenals are maybe stressed like you talk about. A naturopath monitors my thyroid/adrenals however we have never tested my RT3. Thank you!
- Hi Karen I love your podcast I have a quick question for you I eat fairly well lower carb paleo type diet with a few cheats here and there but I have noticed in the last few years that I have been getting progressively more constipated. I have always suffered with it but it seems to be getting worse and there are times I won’t go for 4-5 days at a time. Any suggestions?
Download the episode on iTunes or Spotify
If you have a question for our next Q&A please fill this form out.
Take the Hormone Quiz and find out which hormones are stopping you from losing weight.
Order your hormone kit today and get a FREE 30 day Hormone Detox meal plan.
Share Your Thoughts