Keto was the most searched diet in 2020, with over 26 million google searches, while Intermittent Fasting was second, with over 11. million searches. But as we head into the last ¼ of 2021 I can safely say that we are now seeing a number of serious faults with ketogenic fasting world.
More and more people are running into hormonal issues, weight gain and a ton of weight loss resistance from the keto/fasting diet. So what is happening ….why are we seeing so many problems arise with this supposed magical weight loss diet? In this episode, my guest is going to give us the answers to these questions and is going to share with us the Big fat keto lies.
My guest today is Marty Kendall, who is the author of the book Big Fat Keto Lies. Marty is an engineer who seeks to optimize nutrition using a data-driven approach. His interest in nutrition began eighteen years ago in an effort to help his wife Monica gain better control of her Type 1 Diabetes. But since then, he has worked to develop a systematized approach to nutrition tailored for a wide range of goals.
Marty has been sharing his learnings at OptimisingNutrition.com and has developed Nutrient Optimizer and Data-Driven Fasting to guide people on their journey of nutritional optimization.
In this episode;
- What happened when he jumped on the ketogenic diet?
- What is energy toxicity?
- Why chasing ketones doesn’t work
- What the research shows on low carb versus low fat for weight loss
- Why eating more fat for satiety doesn’t work
- The role that insulin actually play in weight loss
- Why gluconeogenesis from protein consumption isn’t the problem people think it is.
- Why protein is the key to weight loss and satiety
- Data driven fasting what it is and how it works and more!
Join the next 30 Day Data Driven Fasting Challenge here.
Watch the episode now