Dr. Rand McClain is a dedicated regenerative & sports medicine specialist who enjoys helping patients with their complex medical care and providing insightful patient education at Regenerative & Sports Medicine in Santa Monica, CA. Dr. Rand’s patients (many of which are A-List celebrities and world-class athletes) come to his practice, in search of the innovative treatments in which he specializes. From bioidentical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT), hyperbaric oxygen therapy, cryotherapy, platelet rich plasma and stem cell therapies, Dr. Rand has dedicated the past 35 years to redefining what it means to be in optimal health.
In this episode
- Introduction to the topic of Testosterone for women, symptoms of low T, and hormone therapy.
- The difficulty of finding a competent hormone doctor.
- Why I chose Dr. Rand to be my personal hormone doctor and the doctor I chose to work with in my peri and post-menopause clinic.
- Explanation of where testosterone is produced in the female body and its functions beyond sex drive and muscle building.
- The challenges of obtaining testosterone.
- How testosterone affects bone and muscle.
- The importance of testosterone for women’s heart function and its breast protective qualities.
- Sleep Apnea and its relation to testosterone replacement
- The tests that are necessary to determine testosterone deficiency and the ideal testosterone levels for women.
- The effects of testosterone on other hormones, such as estrogen, and DHEA.
- Dosing testosterone replacement in women
- Pros and cons of testosterone pellet therapy
- Typical benefits of testosterone therapy for women and its effects on weight loss.
- The best delivery methods for testosterone therapy.
- Anabolic steroids vs testosterone
- Discussion about the use of anabolic steroids in women and the reasons a person would want to use them over other hormones and more!
If you are interested in working with Dr. McClain please book your discovery call here.
Order your DUTCH kit today with coupon code 100OFF to get $100 off your kit. Comes with a free interpretation video from Karen.
Today’s Podcast is sponsored by Nutrisense. Nutrisense combines cutting-edge technology and human expertise so you can see how your body responds to different food, exercise, stress, and sleep in real-time. You can Visit nutrisense.io/weightloss and use code “WEIGHTLOSS” to save $30 and get 1 month of free dietitian support.
Listen to the episode with Carlee Hayes on How a Continuous Blood Sugar Monitor Can Help You Find Your Perfect Diet.
Today’s podcast is sponsored by Fully Vital Hair Wekkness. Get 15% off your order with Fully Vital Hair Wellness with coupon code KAREN15.
Listen to the episode I did with founder Faraz Khan “Female Hair Loss 101 Why it Happens and What you Can do About it with Faraz Khan”