Jay is a health coach, independent health researcher, and the host of The Energy Balance Podcast. He has degrees in neuroscience and exercise physiology from the University of Miami and decided to forgo medical school after realizing that the conventional medical approach was not the solution to the health problems that so many of us face.
After working through various conventional and alternative health paradigms and trialing countless diets (including everything from vegetarian to keto), Jay came across the idea that cellular energy is the foundation of our health. He now uses a bioenergetic approach to help men and women around the world maximize their cellular energy and achieve freedom from low-energy symptoms like chronic hunger & cravings, fatigue, brain fog, poor sleep, gut issues, and stubborn weight gain.
In this episode
- Jay’s story about the impact of his low carb ketogenic diet on his health
- Where the idea of hormesis comes from and where the information actually stemmed from.
- The truth about the anti-aging effects of calorie restriction.
- What really created longevity in the studies done on calorie restriction?
- How you can get the benefits of fasting without fasting.
- How I see fasting benefit my clients for weight loss.
- Why gut health can impact your ability to lose weight.
- Fasting versus calorie restriction for weight loss results.
- The cost of low-carb diets and fasting, and why they aren’t effective for long-term healthy weight loss
- How low-carb diets and fasting impact our hormones
- What the actual stressors are that begin to happen and turn down our metabolism
- The stress bucket…where is yours at?
- How can we lose weight without stressing our bodies out.
- How to begin repairing your metabolism and losing weight in a healthy way and so much more!