- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Thighs
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder (or 2 cloves crushed)
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper (opt)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1/4 cup Lime (juiced fresh)
- 1/4 cup Cilantro (chopped, opt)
- 1 cup Organic Chicken Broth
- 1/2 cup Coconut Cream
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot Powder (or 1/2 tsp xanthum gum for keto)
- In a slower cooker, add chicken thighs. Add the rest of the spices and vegetables on top.
- Put chicken broth and coconut cream into crockpot and stir to combine well.
- Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 4-6.
- About 20 min before you are going to eat, add arrowroot and 1/4 cup of water or more broth into a shaker cup and shake to combine well. Pour into the crockpot and stir around to thicken.
- Cook for 15 more minutes.
- Serve over spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles, cauliflower rice or white rice.
Freezer meal prep:
In a large ziploc, add chicken, spices, and vegetables. You can also add the lime juice or wait until you prepare. Freeze until time for use. When its time to use, put contents of bag into slow cooker and add the broth, coconut cream and lime if not added. Cook on high for 8-10 hrs. Then follow instructions in the recipe for adding arrowroot.