This is a special episode from an interview with Annabel Bateman on her podcast Let’s Talk Thyroid. Annabel has been on The Other Side of Weight Loss for a recent episode and is an author, advocate, coach, and a friend who is passionate about thyroid health.
There is an overwhelming amount of dieting schemes and programs out there, all full of empty promises. It can be hard to navigate through these to establish a healthy lifestyle, but there is freedom on the other side. This episode is about having real, authentic conversations around personal histories of dieting, along with what you can learn from working in this industry especially as it relates to thyroid hormones.
In this episode:
● The impact that living with hypothyroidism has on losing weight.
● What happens to your thyroid as you age.
● How old Annabel and Karen were when they started their first diets.
● How the potato diet experience was for Karen.
● Karen’s personal struggles with disordered eating.
● How Karen escaped the dieting mentality.
● How a hormone test fundamentally changed Karen’s approach to weight loss.
● Which wild fad diets Annabel has attempted in the past.
● How to identify the weight that your body is happiest at.
● The connection between the thyroid, personality, and perfectionism.
● The lifestyle gamechanger that has made Annabel feel amazing.
● Signs that your thyroid is on the decline.
● Why the dieting influence is so ubiquitous.
● The pivotal change Annabel made to cure her fixation on food.
● How to practice calorie counting in a more mindful way.
● Ways that fasting can affect someone with a thyroid condition.
● Why having a coach can help you reach your weight loss goals.
Download on iTunes or your fav podcast platform!