Episode 36 Fasting for Weight Loss with Megan Ramos
Everything you need to know about how to use fasting for weight loss! Learn how Megan used a therapeutic fasting regime to reverse her type two diabetes and lose over 80 pounds! Megan works alongside Dr. Jason Fung leading expert on the medical benefits of fasting.
In this episode you will learn:
- Who should be fasting?
- What fasting is good for.
- How it can reverse type two diabetes and insulin resistance.
- What diet should be eaten with a fasting protocol for best results?
- How to build up your fasting muscle.
- How to avoid the pitfalls of caloric restriction due to fasting.
- How to do it properly.
- The difference between intermittent fasting and fasting.
- Maintaining your weight loss with weekly IF or occasional 24-hour fasts.
- How to use fasting when you have eaten too much holiday foods or need a reset.
- How to avoid slowing down your metabolism with the fasting and feasting mentality!
Megan Ramos is the IDM Program Director and Clinical Educator at Intensive Dietary Management. She attended the University of Toronto and developed a strong interest in preventative medicine. She has worked along side Dr. Fung since 2003 and was the first IDM guinea pig.
Megan Ramos and the IDM program.
Download the episode
Watch the interview