Elle Russ is a #1 bestselling author, world-renowned thyroid health expert, and thought leader on confidence and self-esteem. Elle has written for Entrepreneur and has been featured in Success, HuffPost, Podcasting Magazine, Mind Body Green, Prevention, and more.
Elle is the author of Confident As Fu*k and The Paleo Thyroid Solution – a book which has helped thousands of people around the world reclaim their health. She is also a TV-Film writer and the screenwriter of the award-winning documentary film Headhunt Revisited. She holds a degree in Philosophy from The University of California – Santa Cruz.
Elle has been coaching people all over the world in a variety of areas for over a decade. She is also the host of The Elle Russ Show – a weekly show intended to inspire, motivate, and educate. Elle has been podcasting for 8 years with hundreds of guests and 20 million downloads.
Elle offers affordable online courses and free masterclasses.
In this episode;
- Elle’s hypothyroid journey.
- How hypothyroidism can affect your reproductive system.
- How her so called healthy diet and lifestyle may have been contributing to her hypothyroidism.
- What you need to do to feel your best on medication.
- How to go about figuring out the root cause of your hypothyroidism.
- The frustrations of dealing with the medical system and what you can do about it.
- My own story of hypothyroidism and discovering my reverse t3 issues.
- How your food choices and toxic load can greatly impact thyroid function.
- The effects of low thyroid on your gut.
- Why iron and other minerals can affect thyroid function.
- The power of ancestral diets.
- How common is it that your hypo treatment takes a while to figure out?
- Why you have to look at it from a holistic stand point to feel your best.
- The importance of taking charge when it comes to your thyroid treatment.
- What to look for in a medical doctor to help you with hypothyroidism.
- Why you can’t base treatment on your TSH and why it is okay and normal for your TSH to be suppressed when on medication for thyroid.