Dr. Tabatha Barber is triple board-certified in obstetrics and gynecology, menopause, and functional medicine. She has the unique situation of being licensed to practice medicine in over half the country, so you now have the ability to work with a functional physician virtually. She is the host of The Functional Gynecologist Podcast; where she shares her wisdom and knowledge with women everywhere to reclaim their health. She is also a keynote speaker, mentor, wife, mom, and grandma! By incorporating functional medicine into her women’s health practice, she is able to provide women with the tools they need to optimize their health and happiness, which, in turn, allows those women to pursue their purpose in life.
In this episode;
- why gynecologists and endocrinologists don’t understand perimenopause and menopause.
- why Dr. Tabatha decided to leave mainstream medicine and become a functional gynecologist
- synthetic hormones versus bioidentical
- the dangers of birth control pills
- finding the right research to prove hormones are safe and why you have to be careful looking at some of the studies.
- why women are choosing to stay on their HRT for life and are they safe?
- side effects of losing your hormones
- the impact of stress on hormones as you age
- the impact of gut health on your estrogen metabolism
- how to optimize your body for HRT and more! https://www.drtabatha.com/
Are struggling with perimenopausal symptoms? Hot flashes, weight gain, weight loss resistance, low libido?