For the majority of my adult life I believed that if I could be a runner I would be skinny.
Every year I would gear myself up, buy a flashy new pair of runners, a sleek pair of lulu lemon running shorts and off I would go. Determined that this was finally the time that I would be the women effortlessly sprinting down the street with that thin, runners physique!
Here’s what would really happen
I would bound out my door make it about half way down the block before I would feel like (and probably look like) someone had tied an elephant to my butt. After a few weeks , of what I believed to be a torturous form of boredom, the defeat would eventually creep in. Disappointed that I didn’t have the will power or desire to be a runner, I would eventually quit and on the cycle would continue.
Being a runner is not the answer
Have you ever believed this about yourself? Have you ever believed that if only you could work out more, work out longer, work out harder that you would finally have your dream body? My guess is that you have and you probably still do. Well I am here today to tell you that exercise is not the number one thing you can do to lose weight.
80% of what your body looks like is because of what you eat!
First, let me start out by saying that I believe exercise is one of the most important things that you can do in your quest for better health.
But let’s get something clear.
80% of your body composition is determined by what you eat, not how often, or how hard, you work out.
It’s great if you love to work out and you have no problem getting to the gym, or a workout group (Try, Fit By Design if you’re in Kamloops and want a supportive community & great variety), but for those of you that have a hard time getting your butt into gear, let me assure you that you can still lose weight. If you lack the desire to exercise or maybe you don’t have the time thanks to work, parenting, stress, pregnancy ,whatever the case may be, you can still reach your goals.
You can achieve 80% of your weight loss goals through nutrition alone. The other 20% can come when you are ready.
Sometimes one step at a time is easier than taking the whole staircase at once. Begin with diet and the rest will come naturally.
Share Your Thoughts