These tasty little Keto mushrooms make for a great snack or appetizer!
- 1 carton mushrooms, 6 to 8 ounce, small to medium sized mushrooms
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ⅓ raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ sea salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional, omit if dairy free)
- 1 xl egg, beaten
- ½ tbsp butter, melted (omit if dairy free)
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and use the avocado or olive oil to cover the bottom of a baking sheet.
- Rinse and dry mushrooms. Set aside
- In a high powered blender, add sunflower seeds, almond flour, garlic powder, salt, paprika, parsley and parmesan if adding. Blend or pulse till a flour like consistency is achieved.
- Pour almond flour mixture into a large ziplock bag. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the xl egg. Add optional melted butter and mix into the egg mixture.
- Dip a mushroom into the egg mixture and place it into the zippered bag with the almond flour mixture. Close bag and shake until covered in the breading. Remove mushroom and place on the oiled baking sheet.
- Repeat with each mushroom.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, turning mushroom over with tongs halfway through. Then turn the broiler on low for 1 to 2 minutes to get the coating more crisp. Check at one minute to see if browning. * careful not to burn. Remove, cool only slightly and serve warm. Goes great with ranch d