This week’s recipe is from Jessica Brennan from JB Health Coaching. She coins herself as the Power Lifting Chicken Farmer. She is a personal trainer and advocate of the Keto and Paleo diets. She has recently joined the Karen Martel Nutrition team and does regular recipe contributions to the On Track meal planning program! I saw these seed bars on her Instagram and had to try them. They are full of fiber and good fats plus taste amazing!
You can follow ‘Jessica on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/
- 1/2 cup Almond Butter (or other nut/seed butter)
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsps Monk Fruit Sweetener (maple syrup for paleo)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2/3 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp Hemp Seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 tbsps Cocao Nib
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt (if nut butter is unsalted)
- Combine nut butter, coconut oil, and sweetener in a food processor.
- Add coconut, hemp, sesame, chia, and pulse till combined.
- Add rest of seeds and nibs (optional) and pulse again till combined.
- Line 8×8 with parchment paper and dump mixture into the pan. Spread out with the back of a spoon till even.
- Put in the freezer and let harden for 20 min. Remove and cut into 24 squares. Store in the freezer.
Share Your Thoughts