- 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes, drained slightly
- 5 links (19.5 oz.) uncooked Italian sausage OR 2lbs Ground Beef
- 1/2 tsp. dried italian seasoning (or oregano, basil, garlic, parsley)
- 1/2 white onion, chopped fine
- salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste
- 8-12 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced (I used brown Cremini mushrooms.)
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese
- 15 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced (opt)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray a 9×13 inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Brown sausage or ground beef (or both) in frying pan with added herbs and spices.
- When the meat mixture is done, mix the can of tomatoes into it. Spread evenly into the 9×13.
- Sprinkle the grated Mozzarella over the top of the casserole and lay the pepperoni pieces on top of the cheese, spacing them evenly so the whole top is covered with pepperoni. Then spread out mushrooms, green peppers, olives or whatever low carb pizza topping you like.
- Bake about 25 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. Serve hot.
This can be served on its own or over something like cauliflower rice or spiralized sauted zucchini.