Episode 40 Optimize Your Lighting Environment for Hormone Health with Scott Patton
Could your lighting environment be making you fat? According to the biomedical student and researcher Scott Patton, the answer is ABSOLUTELY! For 6 million years we rose with the sun and went down with the sun. Now we are living under the harsh glare of artificial lighting and we are feeling the effects of it.
In this episode you will learn;
– why your body needs full spectrum light.
– what artificial lighting is doing to our circadian rhythm.
– what the health consequences are from our modern environment.
– how artificial lighting is triggering cortisol output and the implications of this on your hormonal system.
– what simple tools you can start using TODAY to minimize the impact of artificial light on your health.
Scott Patton is a BioMedical Science Student at the University of Waterloo and a Strength, Conditioning Coach at Next Level Performance Training and creator of the The Daily Optimization Program.
Watch the video on YouTube
Download on iTunes
Links discussed in the episode;
OnTrack is a program for women who follow a keto or paleo based diet and want to optimize their weight loss results! Includes weekly paleo, AIP and keto meal plans, recipes and shopping lists included.
Karen Martel Nutrition
OnTrack Advanced Keto/Paleo Program for Women
Get started with a FREE 1-week membership to OnTrack!