Paleo Cinnamon Raisin Cookies
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup smooth almond butter unsalted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil solid but soft
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar + 2 tbsp water (or 1/4 cup maple syrup)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk together the almond, coconut, hemp and arrowroot flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl with an electric mixer, cream together the almond butter and coconut oil until smooth, then add the coconut sugar and water (note: omit water if using maple syrup) and vanilla and continue to mix until very smooth. Add in the egg and beat on low until fully combined.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture (with a spoon) until a sticky cookie dough forms, then fold in the raisins and chill the mixture for about 5 minutes.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop the mixture by Tbsp onto a cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart since they will spread a bit. Flatten slightly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes or until cookies are set in the center and beginning to brown around the edges. They will be very soft but don’t over-bake to maintain a chewy texture.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes, then carefully transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
Makes 20 cookies. Enjoy!