Phosphatidylcholine powder is excellent for emulsifying fat, making this nutrient extremely valuable for liver health. It is ideal for supporting absorption of all fat soluble nutrients.**
Phosphatidylcholine (PC) is one of the most important nutrients required for optimal health. It is the basic building block of the membranes of every cell in the body. Without PC, cells age faster and do not function at their best, affecting many aspects of our health.
Phosphatidylcholine is found in nuts, seeds, dandelion greens, and egg yolks: foods we consume too little of to get an optimal intake of PC. Therefore, most adults do not obtain enough of this valuable nutrient through diet alone.
Research shows that supplemental phosphatidylcholine, which is derived from lecithin, is highly bioavailable, as it is nearly 90% absorbed by the body. Enzymes from the pancreas easily breakdown phosphatidylcholine into free fatty acids that are absorbed by the cells of the intestine, making supplemental phosphatidylcholine an easy way to increase PC in the body.
The Liver Nutrient*
Phosphatidylcholine is the single most important nutrient for promoting liver health, assisting with nutrient assimilation, hormone balancing, and toxin elimination. PC helps to protect the liver against the toxins it may encounter from alcohol, pollutants, viruses, medications, mushroom poisoning, and radiation treatment.
Additional Functions of Phosphatidylcholine*
- Helps support the aging process by maintaining healthy cell membranes and protecting them from damage.
- Encourages healthy fat metabolism by properly breaking down fat
- Promotes healthy cholesterol levels.
- Helps support healthy estrogen levels by helping the liver to convert estradiol to estriol, a safer form of estrogen. In this way, PC is helpful for supporting proper hormone balance in women.
- Helps maintain healthy levels of homocysteine, a compound that can affect blood vessels at elevated levels.
- Protects blood vessels by supporting a normal blood pressure
- Supports healthy blood sugar levels by enhancing cells sensitivity to the hormone insulin
- Phosphatidylcholine helps the brain make acetylcholine, one its most important chemical messengers. Acetylcholine travels between nerve cells, creating and calling up memories. Therefore, PC can help maintain healthy brain function as we age.
Recommended Use: As a dietary supplement, take 10 grams (approx. 3 ¾ teaspoons) per day with a meal, or as directed by your health care practitioner.
** These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.