Q&A podcast where the listeners submit their questions for Karen.
- Pam: 41 year old female with menopausal levels of progesterone but normal estrogen levels. Just started taking bioidentical progesterone. I haven’t noticed much difference in quality of life yet. How long does it normally take to notice some positive changes? I’m still gaining about a pound a month without doing anything different to diet or exercise. Will the progesterone help with weight loss as well? Thank you for always putting helpful information out there!
- I went to a herbalist and was told I have too much estrogen in my body but then was recommended estrogen supplements. Is there a such thing as bad (estrogen I have) and good estrogen (supplements)?
- Hi Karen! I’m a 57 y/o post surgical menopause at age 36. I had saliva cortisol levels done and I’m low in the AM and high the other 3 x a day during the testing. I have Hashimotos that seems well controlled and RA. Really struggling with weight loss resistance. I started IF with a 16 hr fast/8 hr eating window about 2 wks ago, trying to get macros to 20 PRO / 70 FAT /10 CARBS. I’m concerned that the stress of this could make my cortisol worse or throw off my thyroid balance. I’d really appreciate your thoughts. I’m not sure if it would be better to do the DNA testing or repeat hormone testing (done a year ago… estrogen dominant) or just try the IF a while and see. Down 2# so far. Thank you for all you do!
- Linda: Can fasting wreck my thyroid and hormones. I had a lot of success losing weight for 6 months then started gaining again, quickly.
- Kim: Hi Karen! I found your podcast episode with Dr. Brownstein fascinating. I did go out and purchase the Lugol’s iodine, but I only took it a couple times BECAUSE, shortly afterward, I heard Dr. Alan Christianson on The Ultimate Health Podcast. He warned against iodine supplementation and seems to believe that high dose iodine actually causes thyroid disease. I’m so confused and don’t know what to think. Have you heard of these conflicting views? I won’t be using the supplement until I get a clearer understanding, but I just wondered your thoughts. Thanks so much!
- Yoyo: Hi Karen, I’m 59, what supplements are a must for my age?
- Insta follower: I love your podcast! I found you via Paul Saladino. I’m trying to binge listen to them all. Can you please let me know if there’s a specific ratio of estrogen to progesterone?
- I’m in perimenopause (started at 37 but not diagnosed until just now at 40). I’m having symptoms of estrogen dominance (weight gain in hips, belly, HUGE BOOBS), fatigue, etc. Help!