James Swanwick is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker and former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN. He is the creator of the Alcohol Free Lifestyle, which helps people change their relationship to alcohol; the host of the podcast, “Alcohol Free Lifestyle”, and creator of blue-light blocking glasses “Swannies” by Swanwick Sleep, which improve your sleep.
As the new year approaches, many of us have resolutions that include reducing or quitting alcohol. Today, alongside James, we’ll shed light on our experiences and journey of overcoming alcohol addiction. Together, we take a closer look at the effects of alcohol on hormonal health, more specifically for women in midlife, and the significant role hormones play in our overall well-being.
In this episode:
- Why societal pressures and misconceptions make quitting alcohol challenging.
- Improved health, better relationships, enhanced well-being, and other benefits of an alcohol-free lifestyle.
- Why it’s essential to understand the physical and mental impacts of alcohol.
- How popular myths about alcohol, like a daily glass of wine being beneficial, can be debunked.
- Why hormonal health is significantly affected by alcohol.
- How alcohol impacts the quality of sleep and why that’s dangerous for overall health.
- Why recognizing the damaging effects of alcohol on health and well-being is crucial.
- How being accountable for your choices can aid in overcoming alcohol addiction.
- How societal perceptions of alcoholism can often lead to misunderstanding and mislabeling.
- Prioritizing health to create significant positive changes in your life.
- How alcohol can negatively affect hormonal balance and sleep patterns in women.
- Why alcohol increases the conversion of testosterone to estrogen, leading to various health issues.
- How hormones play a vital role in our overall health and well-being.
- Why creating healthier habits and understanding the neuroscience behind our choices is an important factor in overcoming addiction.
- How alcohol often serves as an unhealthy coping mechanism for stress and negative emotions.
Download on iTunes
Todays podcast is sponsored by BEAM Minerals https://www.beamminerals.com/discount/HORMONE Use coupon code HORMONE for 20% off your order.
Todays podcast was sponsored by Equip Foods get 20% off your order at www.equipfoods.com/km20 Coupon Code: KM20