- 8 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped fine
- 2-4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp + 1/4 tsp sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder (or 1/4 tsp xanthum gum for keto)
- In a pan, fry mushrooms and garlic. Add a 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Remove and place aside in a bowl. In the same pan, put the chicken thighs to brown, season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the tarragon. Flip the chicken after it has browned on one side.
- After the chicken is brown on both sides and almost cooked through, mix the broth in a bowl or jar with the xanthum gum or arrowroot powder until it is thoroughly mixed. Pour into the chicken, add mushrooms back in and cover with a lid. Let cook for another 10 min on a low simmer. The broth should be thickened, if it isn’t, you can add a bit more starch by adding it to a small amount of cold broth and then adding it into the chicken.
- Serve over spiralized vegetables or squash.