In this show, we are going to dive into the intricacies of bioidentical hormones with one of my absolute favorite hormone doctors, Dr. Felice Gersh.
Dr. Felice Gersh is a globally-recognized expert on women’s hormones, gut microbiome, and circadian rhythm. She frequently collaborates with numerous research organizations and lectures internationally on women’s health topics.
As Medical Director of the Integrative Medical Group of Irvine, Dr. Gersh focuses on understanding women’s innate physical and emotional make-up. Through her research and practical experience, she has come to understand that women have internal, natural rhythms that are absolutely essential to female health. These rhythms are controlled by hormones, particularly estrogen, and may be kept in balance through both conventional and holistic treatments. You can find her at integrativemgi.com)
In this episode
- what is physiologic restoration of hormones
- when should a woman start using BHRT?
- why do our hormones fluctuate during the month and what are the health benefits of these rhythms
- what else does our cycle do besides makes us fertile?
- anti-cancer effects of hormones
- why you don’t want the lowest possible dose of hormones
- how estrogen affects our immune system
- why we don’t want to use estriol or BIEST in our HRT
- why we need to take a break from using progesterone during the month rather than take it daily
- how long is it safe to use hormones
- is there an age that is too old to start BHRT
- what are the ideal hormone levels when you are on BHRT
- why pellets are not a good way to replace hormones
- why you have to be careful not to overdose your HRT
- what estrogen can do for weight loss
- why mitochondria dysfunction and inflammation can affect your HRT