Dr. Stephen Hussey MS, DC is a Chiropractor and Functional Medicine practitioner. He attained both his Doctorate of Chiropractic and Masters in Human Nutrition and Functional Medicine from the University of Western States in Portland, OR.
He is a health coach, speaker, and the author of two books on health; The Health Evolution: Why Understanding Evolution is the Key to Vibrant Health and Understanding the Heart: Uncommon Insights into Our Most Commonly Diseased Organ.
In addition to chiropractic, Dr. Hussey focuses on metabolic health and guides patients and clients from around the world back to health by using the latest research and health attaining strategies.
In this episode
- Why Stephen’s diagnosis of type 1 diabetes drove him to understand heart disease
- Overview of what main stream media thinks causes heart disease
- The three imbalances that cause heart disease
- Why humans reaction to stress is unique in the animal kingdom and how it is linked to heart disease.
- History of our diet and how it relates to the increase in heart disease
- Why meat cannot logically be the cause of heart disease.
- Science behind saturated fats and heart disease
- Truth behind cholesterol numbers and cholesterol lowering drugs
- The role of ketosis in the history of diet and how it affects cholesterol
- What we want to aim for when it comes to diet
- Plant diets versus meat diets in the science when it comes to preventing heart disease