Episode 53 The Power of Mindful Movement
Ellen Barrett, M.A., is a well-known mind/body movement instructor, with blockbuster videos like Fat Burning Pilates, The Yogini Workout, and Prevention’s Flat Belly series. She’s the author of four wellness books, including her latest, 28Days Lighter Diet, which delves into, specifically, women and weight release. With yoga, Pilates, ACE-Fitness, and Institute of Integrative Nutrition (IIN) certifications, Ellen is helming the Now Age of empowered health, by bridging movement, diet and lifestyle. ellenbarrett.com
In this episode:
- Mindful movement versus cardio for weight loss and health.
- Why Ellen prefers using the term “Weight Release” rather than “Weight Loss”.
- How women are different when it comes to diet and exercise and how to tune in to your body and do different exercises depending on where you are in your cycle.
- Why women have to start ignoring messaging from mainstream media .
- How to use movement as medicine.
- Listening to your intuition to know what your body needs for exercise and food.
Share Your Thoughts