Join host Karen as she sits down with two of her favorite women, Danielle Daem and Danielle Hamilton, for a roundtable discussion on the wild world of sugar addiction.
In this episode
- The science behind why we crave the sweet stuff, including hormones, glucose regulation, and insulin resistance.
- Learn about the impact past trauma and “health” foods have on our sugar addiction and discover practical strategies to break the cycle.
- Breaking down insulin resistance, reactive hypoglycemia, and type 2 diabetes, and how to determine if you have blood sugar issues, including ideal lab ranges and tests, and the benefits of continuous glucose monitoring.
- Insights into the major non-physical root causes of sugar addiction, including emotional factors and trauma.
- Explore the connection between hormones and sugar addiction and how hormones drive our emotions, including depression and anxiety.
- Learn about popular so-called “health” foods that can dysregulate glucose and how to explore the emotional root cause of sugar addiction.
- The connection between stress and blood sugar.
- The use of psychedelics to overcome trauma.
…and much more!
So grab your favorite non-sweet treat and join Karen, Danielle Daem, and Danielle Hamilton as they explore the complexities of sugar addiction and help you kick that sweet tooth to the curb!
Danielle Daem is a Sugar Freedom Expert & Somatic Embodiment Coach who is passionate about helping women heal their relationship with sugar and themselves so they can reclaim control over their health and energy once and for all! Using her extensive knowledge in nutrition, somatic healing, trauma, and personal coaching, Dani helps her clients discover a new way of living in which sugar cravings and guilt no longer controls their health and life. Her root cause approach to addiction understands that our relationship with food ultimately stems from our relationship with ourselves. Danielle is the creator of the Break Free From Sugar Program and the host of the top-rated “Beyond Sugar Freedom Podcast” where she dives deep into conversations about the root causes of sugar dependency and total body health and wellness.
Danielle Hamilton is a Functional Nutritional Therapy Practitioner & Restorative Wellness Practitioner who specializes in blood sugar regulation & digestion. She became interested in blood sugar issues when she learned that Insulin Resistance was at the root of her PCOS. She was able to reverse her PCOS, cystic acne, PMS & weight loss resistance by reversing Insulin Resistance. Her mission is to help others learn to heal themselves by uncovering and addressing their blood sugar & insulin issues (as most people don’t know the early signs), as well as help them optimize digestion for low-carb diets. Dani promotes a holistic approach to reversing Insulin Resistance which goes beyond just changing macros. She is the host of the Unlock the Sugar Shackles Podcast and the creator of the Blood Sugar Mastery Program.
Today’s Podcast is sponsored by Nutrisense. Nutrisense combines cutting-edge technology and human expertise so you can see how your body responds to different food, exercise, stress, and sleep in real-time. You can Visit nutrisense.io/weightloss and use code “WEIGHTLOSS” to save $30 and get 1 month of free dietitian support.
Listen to the episode with Carlee Hayes on How a Continuous Blood Sugar Monitor Can Help You Find Your Perfect Diet.