The Truth About The Effects of The Ketogenic Diet on Your Thyroid Hormones
One of the most hotly debated topics in the ketogenic sphere is “Does the keto diet affect thyroid function?” In this episode I end the battle once and for all!
Find out in this episode
- How the keto diet can negatively and positively affect thyroid function.
- The different types of hypothyroidism and how that can help you determine if the keto diet is right for you.
- What the science tell us about low carb diets and how it affects thyroid function.
- When someone with hypothyroidism should use a keto diet and when they should not use it and what to do instead.
- If you are going to follow a keto diet and you have hypothyroidism what you need to do in order to monitor and protect your thyroid.
If you have a question for our next Q&A please fill this form out.
Women’s Wellness Shop for bioidentical hormone therapy and supplements.
This episode is sponsored by LetsGetChecked. Get at home testing through Letsgetchecked. Test lipid panel, hormones, thyroid panel and more! Get 20% off your first order when you use coupon code: KAREN at checkout!
Take the Hormone Quiz and find out which hormones are stopping you from losing weight.
Order your hormone kit today and get a FREE 30 day Hormone Detox meal plan.
The role of dietary fat in peripheral thyroid hormone metabolism
The Effect of Calorie Restriction and Dietary Composition of Serum T3 and Reverse T3
Effect of dietary composition on fasting-induced changes in serum thyroid hormones.
Share Your Thoughts