The Advanced Thyroid Series
Episode 3 The Truth Behind Thyroid Labs and Perfecting Treatment with McCall McPherson
McCall McPherson is the founder of Modern Thyroid Clinic, a thyroid-centered functional medicine practice in Austin, Texas, the now owner and Chief-Thyroid-Hope-Giver of Thyroid Nation. She is a physician assistant, recent TEDx speaker.
In this episode:
- The connection between depression and hypothyroidism.
- The prevalence and function of reverse T3.
- The importance of getting to the root cause of your hypothyroidism and not just masking it with medication.
- Why T4 medication (Synthroid, Levothyroxine) is NOT the right medication for MOST women to be on.
- How T4 with T3 combination works inside the body.
- What are the best labs to get and how to understand them.
- Why when your labs look great you may still be hypothyroid.
- Tuning into how you feel rather then your lab results for knowing when you are on the right medication.
- Timing of your healing journey.
Watch the interview
Listen to the interview
Check out My Primal Plan meal planning membership! Your choice of Paleo, Ketogenic and Autoimmune-Paleo meal plans get started for as low as $8 a month use coupon code “podcast” and get 30% off the life of your membership! Comes with a FREE Introductory course and meal plan to the carnivore diet! Your first meal plan is FREE!
Start your membership to the OnTrack group coaching program to help you balance your hormones and lose weight.