David Brownstein, who is a board-certified family physician. Dr. Brownstein has lectured internationally to physicians and others about his success in using natural hormones and nutritional therapies in his practice. Dr. Brownstein has authored 16 books, including one about iodine and its importance to our well-being.
- How Dr. Brownstein realized that iodine deficiency was an epidemic in North America.
- The role of iodine in thyroid function
- How does iodine help with the utilization of hormones?
- Iodine and heavy metals
- Iodine’s connection to cystic breasts
- How to take iodine and what to take it with
- What should we know about iodine as it relates to the thyroid and why is it essential?
- Does it help to lower reverse t3?
- What happens when there’s an iodine deficiency?
- How halides bromine, chlorine and fluoride that can be released when iodine is taken
- How do you test iodine?
- What his protocol is if someone was low on iodine
Test your iodine levels from home with the Hakala Iodine Challenge test!
Download on iTunes or Spotify
Todays show is sponsored by LetsGetChecked.
Get 20% off your first kit (full thyroid panel and many more options) with LetsGetChecked.com with coupon code KAREN.
Marissa Estep says
Dr. Brownstein mentioned a specific type of iodine supplement to take. I’m currently working with my physician on my iodine levels and was wondering what the supplement was called/ what it included. If I remember correctly, he said you needed iodine and iodide in it?
Karen Martel says