Philip Pape is a certified Nutrition Coach, mindset specialist, strength training expert, and host of the Wits & Weights podcast. Through his personal journey of weight loss and strength, Philip learned about evidence-based nutrition, resistance training, and body composition. He started sharing what he learned through the Wits & Weights podcast and eventually nutrition coaching.
Philip’s approach emphasizes sustainability, consistency, and mindset. Each person’s path is unique, and his mission is to help you balance optimal health with the zest for life, without excessive dieting, cardio, or food restrictions. Philip helps working professionals with busy lives burn fat, get lean, feel energized, and project confidence in their career and relationships as founder and head nutrition coach of Wits & Weights Nutrition and Health Coaching.
You can find Phil at https://witsandweights.com
Get ready to get down with the nitty gritty with Philip on all things weightlifting!
In this episode
- What is the best way to train?
- What is the best cardio for weight loss?
- How long should our workouts ideally be?
- What does the science tell us about step counting when it comes to weight loss?
- What cardio is most stressful?
- How many times a week should we be lifting?
- How can we take it to the next level and should we?
- What is the ideal timing of days off and on from workouts?
- What are compounded movements and why do we want to do them?
- How often should we be adding more weight to our barbells and dumbbells?
- How often should we wait between sets?
- How many carbs, calories and protein should we be eating to build muscle yet lose weight?
- How to calculate your protein needs.
- What is the anchor macronutrient?
- What are the ideal set and reps?
- What are the signs that you are not lifting heavy enough?
- How long does it take to see results?
- Can we lose weight without calorie restricting and just lifting?