Are you curious about the newest weight loss medication taking the world by storm? In this episode of our podcast, we take a deep dive into GLP-1 receptor agonists otherwise known as Ozempic and Monjauro. With obesity rates on the rise, there’s a growing need for effective weight loss solutions, and these medications are quickly becoming a popular choice. Join us as we explore the science behind these medications, their potential benefits, and how they’re changing the landscape of weight loss treatment.
I’m thrilled to welcome Caleb Greer to the show. As a Nurse Practitioner with a focus on neuroscience, functional medicine, and integrative psychiatry, Caleb has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the field of weight loss and metabolic health. He has helped over a thousand individuals optimize their function through a multidisciplinary approach that integrates neurology, psychology, epigenetics, nutrition, biomechanics, and medicine.
Caleb is passionate about restoring the philosophical components of health and well-being, emphasizing the disciplines that lead to a great understanding of the Self. Join us as we learn from his expertise and insights on these groundbreaking weight loss medications.
In this episode
- The difference between Tirzepatide and Semaglutide
- How do GLP-1 agonists act on the pleasure centers in the brain
- Do they affect sexual pleasure?
- What is the rate of rebound weight gain?
- Can you stop the medication and not regain the weight?
- How does it work for women in peri and post-menopause?
- Why is it so hard for peri and post-menopausal women to lose weight?
- Caleb discusses how weight loss can affect a person’s psychology, particularly if they identify as the “fat person” and use weight as a means of protection.
- Nausea and migraines are common side effects, but there are ways to prevent or minimize them. – Some people may respond better to one medication over the other, and if someone had side effects or didn’t lose weight on one of them, they may have a chance to get results using the other drug.
- Rare side effects like thyroid cancer, how much of a problem are they?
- How to use maintenance doses to maintain weight loss.
- How to stop semaglutide.
- What are some other medications that can be used in conjunction with GLP -1s to improve weight loss results?
- What are some other peptides that are effective for weight loss?
Download on iTunes