In the early 1900’s estrogen hormone replacement was the most prescribed medication in America! It remained in first or second place for the rest of the century. Until 2002 when the media got a hold of the results of the Women’s Health Initiative study.
Doctors around the world were warned not prescribe it and women were told that it was dangerous and shouldn’t be on it.
But since that time there has been a reanalysis of the study with a much different outcome then was first perceived. Yet we as women and our doctors have heard very little if anything about the benefits and safety of hormone replacement.
In this episode;
- what the WHI study found in their trials
- the reanalysis of the study and what it really showed
- HRT versus BHRT
- a deep dive into the multiply studies done on HRT and BHRT (bioidentical hormone replacement therapy)
- can BHRT help with weight loss?
- does hormone replacement cause breast cancer?
and much more!
This is an episode NO woman should miss hearing!
Listen to part 1
Listen to part 2